Saturday, January 31, 2015

Who Hurt You?

Yesterday at work, one of the managers called Josh was joking with a coworker about a Feedback Card she got (which read "Good"), and he was joking about her sucking and whatnot...we were taking it all pretty lightly and she was even smiling and we were all laughing. Then she asked me, "I'm pretty sure the card says "Good,"... that means, "Good," right?" I responded with a light-hearted "Yeah?" Then Josh proceeds to (very sarcastically and demeaning, by the way) tell her "She is PREGNANT, she doesn't know what she's talking about..."

And then, I proceeded to be seething with anger and even exploded an "Excuse me?"...he not only mocked the fact that I was pregnant, but he even imitated my accent and my hand-on-waist pose.


I've never wanted to kick someone's b@lls so hard in my entire life.

But after sleeping it all off, and watching some Criminal Minds and reading some funny things, and having some praying time...I discovered it was worthless being mad at what happened. It's done. I can't change what happened. I can only change my attitude about it all and let it all go. Not saying I felt bullied and demeaned just because I'm pregnant. In fact, I think he picks on me even more because of that same fact!

And I think he has a reason to do that. I mean, what could possibly had happened that he has the need to demean pregnant/Mexican/women?

I know it doesn't make sense, but I feel sorry for him. I might have something that he doesn't. He doesn't smile, doesn't mention wife or kids (yet he wears a wedding band), and he is short... I'm not joking, he is about as tall as me, maybe one inch shorter. He makes up for his stature with his attitude.

I am trying to be forgiving and passive about this, hopefully I won't see him until next time I work (Monday) and by then he might be nice... but I won't go down without a warning. And next time, things will get ugly. And the beauty of it is that I actually have the support of ALL my coworkers, so if I tell the head manager or the GM about this situation, they will prevent him from 'firing' me (ha, like he could).

But yea. This is my little rant of the day. Hopefully it will be the last time I have to talk about this. I'd hate to send him to the moon... with my foot... up his butt.

Blessings,
Natalie <3

P.s: if you're rude to pregnant women the same way this guy was to me... you deserve a kick in the b@lls, just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment