Usually before church, I volunteer in the nursery during the 10am service. Today I had the privilege to care, among other babies, for a two-month old preemie. He was one of the most adorable babies I've seen there so far, he was so sweet and he slept most of the hour.
I got to learn about this baby's story and the reason he was two months premature. Turns out (for what I heard), he is in foster care due to his biological parents (or at least his mother) taking drugs, even as she was pregnant, and might've been under the influence during delivery.
This hurts my heart deeply, knowing that this poor baby had to suffer the consequences, undeservingly, of his mother's choices. I have no idea what pushed her to take drugs while pregnant in the first place, and I feel very sorry for her. But the point is, if you are growing precious life inside of you, why harm the body that is nourishing that little life, deserving of love and a chance?
At the same time, this makes me mad beyond words. I have to admit that I miss the days in which I could drink beer and wine in a few occasions, and I also miss dancing hard and break a thick sweat, and I also miss rough-playing with my husband (we literally horse around, nothing sexual here)... but I must put those things on hold while my baby is receiving the proper care it needs while in my womb. I had to stop eating junk food and replace my burgers with salads and homemade meals. I cave every now and then because I need something fast, but that's it.
Case in point, mothers-to-be out there, whether your pregnancy is desired or not: your body is not your own anymore. It is not yours while there is someone living in it. That little life is counting on you, for nurturing, protection, care, growth, strength...please don't invade it, don't misuse it. I know nine months sound pretty long, but I'm halfway through my pregnancy, and it feels like it was just yesterday when I had my 6-8week nausea, or when my belly wasn't big. Time passes by so fast, you can hold on and wait to do with your body as you please, but please do not do it while nurturing a little person inside you. They don't deserve the negativity and the mistreatment you give your body, because everything you do, everything you eat and drink, even what you feel (anger, despair, anxiety, etc.), the baby can feel it all, and will receive it all, too!
I hope and pray that this mother opens her eyes at the harm she has done to her baby, and that she may be freed from this addiction, these chains that Satan has her tightly secured and imprisoned with. I pray that this baby also finds a loving and caring family who would adopt him and give him the proper care and future he deserves.
Blessings,
Natalie <3
No comments:
Post a Comment