Monday, January 19, 2015

Dignity vs Independence

In this crazy, twisted world we live in, there is no lack of mention about High School teenage girls who give their bodies away...yes, I'm talking about having sex. And yes, I am aware that this is a very bold and harsh statement I am about to make...but as a defender of purity and women's dignity, I cannot stay quiet about something that God created to be beautiful and sacred.

I just want to mention that I don't mean to sound critical. This is merely based on years of observation I've done to people of different backgrounds. And I am also exclusively speaking about teenage girls who decide to lose their virginity even before they reach college (though, at any age before marriage is almost as bad, but that's another rant for another time).

I never had sex before marriage. I stayed whole until my wedding night, and it was the best decision I've ever made. There is a certain sense of pride about such thing, and there is nothing wrong with it! If anything, I wish more girls nowadays had that sense of privacy and dignity, of wanting to defend and protect their bodies and their integrity. Now, I'm aware that this is a modern society where couples don't marry but live together and create a family without wearing a ring. But then again, some of them don't know God, and they don't understand why lovemaking is designed for couples who decide to form a union and a covenant with each other.

I've taken several Bible studies where they teach about the sexual act as a form of covenant you make with the person you are with. Back then there were private and public weddings. Everyone assumed that they were pure. Otherwise, they were stoned to death or something. Many people don't understand this, they see it as barbaric...but the fact is, purity meant so much to those who feared God that they wanted to keep their groups and villages purged of those who mocked God by being sexually impure. It only makes sense, right?

But this is not a Bible study, this is something that goes beyond defending what God designed to be dignified and defended. A woman's purity and integrity. Untouched. Delicate and fierce. All of that goes down the drain when a girl decides to give her body away as if it was disposable. And along with it, goes their spirit. Many don't think about the consequences about losing their virginity, they just think they can do whatever they want with their bodies, and it even feels liberating. It gives them a sense of empowerment over their lives, a sense of independence and strength. It makes them feel and think, "I am an independent woman who knows what she wants and how to get it and when."

But when these girls are ready to settle and look for someone special, they will not have anything to give to their significant other, if they decide to marry. They will feel so empty that the only way they will be able to fill that gap is... you guessed it, by having more sex. That is not the answer! Sex will not give you a sense of independence, or liberation. Especially if you haven't quite grown up yet.

My heart truly aches for these girls because they are missing out so much in not waiting for their wedding night to truly give yourself unashamedly to your spouse, and to receive that same wholeness from him. No, they are not living life to the fullest, they are running through it instead of really enjoying it and taking everything in, one day at a time, one feeling at a time. It's really not worth lose yourself in bodily pleasures when life is more than that!

Maybe reading this blog you will feel judged...but remember that the judgment is not coming from me.

Blessings,
Natalie <3

No comments:

Post a Comment